Many people want straighter teeth and a more attractive smile but don’t like the appearance or feel of metal braces. Fortunately, Invisalign is an alternative that may be right for you.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that consists of a series of custom-made clear aligners. When worn over time, these aligners gently move your teeth into the proper position.
What are some of the advantages of getting Invisalign?
Invisalign has several advantages over traditional metal braces, including the following:
- Less noticeable — Invisalign braces are clear and therefore are barely noticeable.
- More comfortable — Since there are no metal brackets, wires, or sharp edges, Invisalign, which is made of smooth plastic, is more comfortable than traditional braces.
- Better oral hygiene — Invisalign trays can be removed so you can thoroughly brush and floss your teeth.
- No dietary restrictions — Since Invisalign trays can be temporarily removed when you eat or drink, you don’t have to worry about hard or sticky foods getting stuck in your braces. You’re free to eat or drink whatever you’d like, including sticky and hard candy and popcorn.
- Works more quickly — Since your Invisalign trays are customized throughout your course of treatment, they can be checked and adjusted as needed. As a result, treatment usually takes less time than with traditional braces.
- Great results — The results you’ll have after wearing Invisalign will transform your smile and make your straightened teeth easier to care for.
Who is a good candidate for Invisalign?
Many people are good candidates for wearing Invisalign trays. Children who are too young to follow the necessary steps aren’t good candidates for this treatment, and neither are other people who aren’t committed to wearing the aligners for at least 20 hours a day. Invisalign can be used to treat problems such as crowded teeth, overbite, underbite, and crossbite as well as other dental issues, so talk to your dentist about whether you’re a good candidate for this treatment.